Monday, January 21, 2019

FACS

Star Events
 
STAR Event 2017 Nutrition and Wellness
As a sophomore, I chose to compete in the Nutrition and Wellness category for my STAR Event. I chose this event because I had some concerns about the unhealthy eating habits of my family. The first thing I did was track what my family ate for two weeks, so that I could see what needed to change. I then used my finding to create four weeks of healthy meal and wellness plans. I then helped my family implement these plans into their lives to help them form healthier habits. This STAR Event helped me realize my love for nutrition and helped me choose my future career as a certified dilatation.

Here are some of the documents from my Nutrition and Wellness STAR Event Portfolio: 
Planning Process
Fit Family Fun 
Nutrition and Wellness Concerns
SMART Nutrition and Wellness Goals
Meal Plans
Wellness Plan

Awards:
My Nutrition and Wellness STAR Event received a silver at region. At state I got 2nd place with a silver award, which qualified me for nationals. I attended nationals in Nashville, Tennessee and received a gold award.

As a sophomore, I competed in the Nutrition and Wellness category.

Here is the visual aid I used to compete my star event at region, state, and nationals.


Nationals: Nashville, Tennessee 
The 2017 National Leadership Conference was so much fun!

I had so much fun touring Nashville!

Kaylee and I had a blast representing Bingham High School and Utah in the STAR Events competion.


I loved vising the Grand Ole Opry!

Nashville will forever hold a place in my heart!


STAR Event 2018 Early Childhood Education

 My junior year I competed in the Early Childhood Education category. For this event, I used the skills I had gained from working in the Mini Miner Preschool to plan a lesson for four and five year old children. The theme was "Science is Out of this World!" I planned a variety of activities based on the theme including language, reading, math, science, art, music, and movement activities. I created a box full of items that I would need for each of my activities as well as a portfolio that displayed my expertise and experience in early childhood education. At each level of the completion I added my activities to meet the needs of students with varying abilities. For example, at Nationals I adapted my technology activity so that it would accommodate a child with dyslexia. This STAR Event helped me grow as a teacher and led me to take preschool the following year so that I could continue helping kids with a variety of abilities learn and grow.

Here are some of the documents from my Early Childhood Education STAR Event Portfolio: 
Planning Process
Developmental Ages and Stages
Understanding DAP
My Personal Teaching Philosophy
Example from my lesson, "Science is Out of this World!"
Math Activity: The Amazing Space Race!

Awards:
My STAR Event received a gold at region. At state I got a gold and second place overall, so I once again qualified for nationals. At nationals in Atlanta, Georgia I received a silver award.


Because of my I love for kids, as a junior, I decided to compete in Early Childhood Education.

My friend Alyssa and I both got gold at region and state!

Nationals: Atlanta, Georgia
Wohoo, nationals part two!

Touring Atlanta was so much fun!


Here is me in front of the conference center after competing my STAR Event.

Just me and my two besties!
The food was awsome, but spending time with my FCCLA freinds was even more awesome!
Proud owners of National medals.

I'm so glad FCCLA gave me the opportunity to visit the Peach State!
STAR Event 2019 Early Childhood Education
For the 2019 STAR Event competition, I will be competing in the Early Childhood Education category. I am so excited for another opportunity to share my love for FACS and FCCLA with others.





Certificates of Achievement

CTE Influencer's Award

FCCLA
I joined FCCLA at Bingham as a sophomore (my district doesn't offer it in middle school), and absolutely loved it.  I had so much fun going to school and regional activities, competing in STAR Events, and giving service. I'm grateful for my time in FCCLA and how it has prepared me for the future.

As a Chapter, Bingham FCCLA made and donated a tree to Festival of Trees.


I have loved being a part of FCCLA for the last three years!



Preschool
In middle school I made it a goal to teach in the preschool, and I am so grateful that Bigham's Mini Miner's Preschool made that dream a reality for me. As a sophmore I took Child Development.  As a junior I took Early Childhood Education as well as Preschool. I loved spending half of every other day with the kids. This year, as a senior, I am working in the preschool for a second time.

2017-2018
Lesson Plan Examples:
Forest Animals
Community Helpers
Water and Ice







 2018-2019



Cupcake Club
"We have a Cupcake club! Wow that sounds like fun!" -Various Bingham students




I often experiment with different recipes before making them at meetings. This is me testing out a hot chocolate cupcake recipe. It was delicious!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Unique Qualities